JS..question for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS..question for you

heheh..should've asked you over here..... here is my question..

cho ho?i ti' ....

I've been running/walking for the last couple of weeks, if i run, i feel okay, if i walk, fast walk, my left thigh bother me, sometime i feel numb. why is that? i have to train for my 1/2 marathon coming up on june 9 and hood to coast on 8/25. for this marathon and hood to coast, I can only walk and can't run so i'm trying to walk fast so i can make it to my goal. my goal is to walk 14 min per mile. my question is, did i do something wrong when i walk fast? should i slow down for awhile and then speed up later? .... thank u for your input...

MFO ... [/align]

RE: JS..question for you

Just got back from a dinner, my belly is so full; so this is my gut feeling:

Without knowing where and at what extend did you feel numb, I cannot say much of anything with precision.

Tightenness of the thigh can just be too much veinous blood return, due to some abnormaly in the Left thigh.

Since it happened one side of the body, it means that the problem is not from the whole body, a good sign.

It could also be that when you over-extended your legs in walking fast, the nerves in the left leg is pinched or compressed by an over active blood vessel.

Thus, it is very hard to make a reasonable diagnostic from afar, without other components needed.

Suggestion: keep the training but in a gradual path, not too excessive at the beginning. Wear Speedo or leg tight if appropriate.

ORIGINAL: ORMom

heheh..should've asked you over here..... here is my question..

cho ho?i ti' ....

I've been running/walking for the last couple of weeks, if i run, i feel okay, if i walk, fast walk, my left thigh bother me, sometime i feel numb. why is that? i have to train for my 1/2 marathon coming up on june 9 and hood to coast on 8/25. for this marathon and hood to coast, I can only walk and can't run so i'm trying to walk fast so i can make it to my goal. my goal is to walk 14 min per mile. my question is, did i do something wrong when i walk fast? should i slow down for awhile and then speed up later? .... thank u for your input...

MFO ... [/align]

Comment

what did you have for dinner?..... why so late? are you traveling or at home right now?...

thanks for your suggestion. Íve always wear short when I work out, should try speedo or legs tight next time.you might be right. maybe i over-extented whenwalking fast, will slow downalittle now. Once again, thanks much for your help.

Comment

I am at SF home.

It was my husband turn of cooking, i.e. eating out, as I was too lazy to cook anything. At the Silk, we had a seafoods & green feast: a little bit of on choy, a choy, asparagus tips, diver scallops, crabs in Singaporean noodles style, grilled salmon with teriyaki sauce; wines & tea.

For us, dinner can be at any time from 6pm to 11pm; so it was an early dinner.

Comment

Working...
        X