Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planed Mother's Day Dinner

Please help me here, folks!

I am planning a dinner for my parents and their friends, on the Mother's Day; there will be 12 eaters total.

* seafoods soup (scallop, shrimp)
    * beef Wellington
    * grilled Pacific halibut with butter shallot caper sauce
    * marshed potato
    * boiled string beans
    * micro-green salad

* chocolate cake

At the moment, I am being promised that great fresh Pacific halibut will be delivered on Saturday; together with shrimps and scallop. The beef is easier to get. I will make the puff pastry for the beef; together with a chocolate raspberries cake.

What do you think about the menu?

RE: Planed Mother's Day Dinner

delicious
    itwould be nice to include some vietnamese dishes

im gonna make gỏi sứa and desert

Comment

Thêm dĩa mì xào dòn đễ wishing MOM đuợc long life

Comment

Jane: How about cha? gio` tom as appetizer . The rest looks good. What is Beef Wellington ?

Comment

ORIGINAL: HaiThuy

Jane: How about cha? gio` tom as appetizer . The rest looks good. What is Beef Wellington ?
          Beef Wellington is a way to cook beef tenderloin, the way the Duke of Wellington liked it best: seasoned beef tender loin, wrapped in a sheet of dough (I use puff pastry for extra value), then baked in a hot oven. To serve, one slices a chunk of it with the bread outside and the beef inside.

Great dish to serve the older folks. In this case one can choose beef or fish or BOTH; and the serving portion can be varied to suite.

Comment

Jane be more detail in the recipe nha...sound to good and will look good on my table too.
            Còn gặp nhau thì hãy cứ vui
            Chuyện đời như nước chảy hoa trôi
            Lợi danh như bóng mây chìm nổi
            Chỉ có tình thương để lại đời
            (Tôn Nữ Hỷ Khương)

Comment

JAne : vừa Beef Wellington vừa Halibut ,2 món ăn chính cùng 1 menu luôn hả?

Comment

ORIGINAL: KitchenAid

Jane be more detail in the recipe nha...sound to good and will look good on my table too.
                Beef Wellington:

Ingredients:

* Beef tender loin (3 - 4lbs each loin, which can serve 4 -6)

* Beef pastry sheet (either make it by self, or buy Pepperridge Farms puff pastry sheet; one box is good for one average tender loin)

* Common seasoning (S + P + aromatic herbs of your liking such as thyme, allspices, nutmeg etc). The aromatic seasoning is your signature for the dish; so be creative.

Preparation:

Trim the tenderloin, season it well with salt, freshly ground pepper, thyme, rosemary etc.

Prepare the puff pastry either from the scratch (flour, butter, eggs) or from Pepperridge Farms' product.

Sear the tenderloin in a hot skillet with butter and shallot; brown it on all sides.

Let it cooled; wrap the loin with the pastry sheet; form it into a long tube of the shape you like;

paste the pastry with egg yolk; into a 375F - 400F oven for about 30 to 45 minutes; turn oven off; let rest.

When serving, use a senated knife to cut the loin into 1 inch thick; 2 to 3 chunks are good for a hefty eater.

One can serve one slice of Beef Wellington and one portion of fish; together with boiled vegetable & potatoes or rice or pasta.

Comment

Working...
                X