Shanghainese Dumplings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghainese Dumplings

Please post your method of making the Shanghainese dumplings (xiaolongbao)!

RE: Shanghainese Dumplings

sorry

Comment

Admin:

Happy Days!

Comment

OK! Let me start with my interpretation of this dish:

Ingredients & Preparation:

* whole wheat flour + water + cooking oil = dumpling's wrapper

* pork shoulder meat: minced, marinated with salt, pepper, white part of green onion or shallot, a string of fresh ginger.

* pork bones & skin: make a dense broth, rich in gelatin; seasoned to taste, drained, chilled to a solid form.

** the wrapper + a teaspoon of marinated pork + a teaspoon of the pork gelatin; seal well; steam until cooked.

(the gelatin will melt under steam; giving the sweat broth inside the dumpling)

Comment

JS: Nghe không hấp dẫn[:'(]có thịt heo + da nữa xong còn jelly từ da ra nữa . Have heard about that dumpling , my OX said it's good. I have a recipe for a very good dumpling :thịt heo+ hẹ+nấm đông cô + tôm ( với thêm vài món gì mà lâu ngày không làm quên rồi )

Comment

tennismom:

The good and true Shanghainese dumplings contain piping hot meat juice inside the wrapper, besides some simple minced pork.

Thus the question is how can the meat juice can be placed inside the dumpling? I think they must make the gelatinous sauce; since this dish initially done way before the refrigeration days.

(but the art of making the meat juice must be more delicate than the way I describe it)

ORIGINAL: tennismom

JS: Nghe không hấp dẫn[:'(]có thịt heo + da nữa xong còn jelly từ da ra nữa . Have heard about that dumpling , my OX said it's good. I have a recipe for a very good dumpling :thịt heo+ hẹ+nấm đông cô + tôm ( với thêm vài món gì mà lâu ngày không làm quên rồi )

Comment

Working...
            X